|PROFESSION NAME:||School Nurse|
|LICENSING BOARD:||Arizona Board of Nursing|
|ADDRESS:||4747 North 7th Street, Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85014-3655
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROFESSION: A School Nurse is a nurse who provides care to students and staff members of schools. Their tasks include treating of patients, referring them to other care providers, and interacting with parents of patients. An Arizona school nurse’s scope of practice is determined by the Arizona Nurse Practice Act.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF LICENSING BOARD:||The Arizona Board of Nursing regulates those engaged in the practice of nursing in Arizona. The Board governs the issuance of licenses, registrations and certificates for individuals.The Board initiates investigations into complaints and self-reports concerning a nurse’s possible non-compliance with the law, and determines and administers disciplinary actions if it is determined that Arizona’s Nurse Practice Act has been violated.|
Legal Services offered for School Nurses include:
- Licensing Board Defense: If you are a School Nurse with a pending issue before the Arizona Board of Nursing; Robert Chelle Law can aggressively and effectively defend your license.
- Complaint/Investigation Response: A complaint filed against you may subject your license to an investigation that results in probation, suspension or revocation. Once you receive notice of a complaint or investigation from the Arizona Board of Nursing it is important to call Attorney Robert Chelle, as soon as possible, to ensure an accurate and effective defense of your license.
- Criminal Reporting Requirements: All licensed health care professionals in Arizona must report nearly any criminal charge to their licensing board within 10 days. If you have been charged with a crime we can assist you in reporting the charges to your licensing board.
- Self-report Assistance: If your employer has advised you to self-report an issue, we can help you draft a thorough self-report.
- Application and Forms Review: An application for a professional license that includes errors or omits necessary information can lead to unnecessary delays or the denial of your application. An attorney review of your application can give you the best chance to receive your license in a timely manner.
- Employment Contract Review: We can review your proposed contract and identify potential legal problems regarding the included terms and conditions.
General Complaint/Investigation Timeline:
- Complaint is filed/Investigation is initiated
- Notice of Investigation is sent to the licensee
- A detailed response is due to the Board within 14 to 30 days
- An interview is held with a Board investigator
- The Board reviews the investigation at a Board Meeting
- The Board determines if discipline is merited
- Discipline is given or the case is dismissed
- The licensee may appeal
If you need legal assistance with an Arizona Board of Nursing issue contact Attorney Robert Chelle by email or by telephone at 602-344-9865.